Silicone Rubber Applications
- This rubber can be extruded into tubes, strips, solid cord or any custom profiles.
- Silicone Rubber can also be moulded into custom designs and shapes.
- This form of synthetic rubber is available for making molds that are poured, brushed or sprayed on to a model.
- Suitable for casting low melt metal alloys like lead, tin, pewter.
- Also used in the production casting of resins.
Advantages of Silicone RubberDue to the physical, mechanical and thermal properties of silicon rubber, its advantages are many.
- High and low temperature stability
- Inertness, that is no taste or smell
- Translucent and easy to color
- Wide hardness range
- Chemical resistance
- Sealing performance
- Electrical properties
- Compression set resistance
Disadvantages of Silicone RubberAlthough silicone rubber has many advantages to its many properties, there are certain disadvantages of silicone rubber too.
- Silicone rubber is generally high in cost.
- It is sensitive to substances like sulfur clay that may prevent the silicone from curing which is known as cure inhibition.
- Silicone rubber is usually very thick, having high viscosity.
- It must be vacuum degassed before pouring to minimize bubble entrapment.
Inquiry - Silicone Sheet&Rod